Root canal treatment
How endodontic canal treatment works
There is a protocol of the European Dental Association. It describes in detail everything about the development of channels to a certain level, namely: how many times you need to rinse and with what. Their phased system is actively used by QRD Dental Clinic.
And this is what root canal treatment consists of:
- To begin with, anesthesia is performed for the patient’s comfort.
- Then a rubber dam scarf is installed. It is needed so that the Patient does not inhale vapors of medical products that the doctor will use to flush the canal. Also, the scarf serves as protection from gunpowder, which occurs as a result of cutting a temporary seal, and from saliva ingress.
- The third stage is the development of root canals with hand instruments. After that, the doctor will check them using an X-ray, as well as an apex locator (an electronic device that determines the length of the canal).
- The dentist then flushes the canals and enlarges them with rotary files, a special instrument designed to increase the size.
- Next, the doctor rinses the canal three times with sodium hypochlorite in order to remove all organic matter. Cleans once with an acid solution, and then uses hypochlorite again.
- The final step will be — thorough drying of the root canal.
Only after all the above points, the QRD clinic dentist will start filling with hot gutta-percha. These rubber pins are pressed into the tooth while still cold and, with the help of a heated tool, melt. Thus, the dental material will fill all the gaps in the root canal.
To make sure that the actions are correct, the endodontist will conduct an X-ray control. If the treatment is not in doubt, he will place a temporary filling.
When is root canal treatment required?
The first “bell” that will notify you that dental treatment is required is intense pain in the mouth and a special sensitivity to food and drinks. Also, when the gums are swollen, a tooth is damaged, prepare for prosthetics or “deal” with caries.
In such cases, you do not need to wait, but immediately seek help from a dentist, so as not to intensify the inflammatory processes. QRD clinic dentists are ready to provide you with their professional services from 9 am to 9 pm.
If the pain occurred earlier, you can call from 7:00 to 23. The doctor will consult by phone, and then make an appointment for the next appointment.
The cost for processing one channel is 650 UAH. A temporary filling will cost 350 UAH, and a permanent one — from 480 UAH. There are also good discounts in dentistry.
Prevention of diseases that require endodontic treatment or filling of dental canals
So, if you dream of a healthy, stunning smile, then call us right now and make an appointment with the doctor.
QRD Dental clinic guarantees you a quality work done, using the best materials, high service, pain-free and with comfort.
Stages of endodontic treatment or root canal treatment at the QRD Dental clinic
There is a protocol of the European Dental Association. It describes in detail everything about the development of channels to a certain level, namely: how many times you need to flush and why. We actively use their step-by-step system in our QRD Dental Clinic.
Here’s what root canal treatment consists of:
1. To begin with, anesthesia is performed for the patient’s comfort.
2. Then the cofferdam is installed. It is needed so that the patient does not inhale the vapors of medical products that the doctor will use to wash the canal. Also, rubber dams serve as protection against dust, which occurs as a result of spraying a temporary seal, and against the ingress of saliva.
3. The third stage is the development of root canals with manual tools. After that, the doctor will check them using an X-ray, as well as an apex locator (an electronic device that determines the length of the canal).
4. Next, the dentist washes the canals and expands them with rotary files – a special tool designed to increase the size.
5. Next, the doctor washes the canal three times with sodium hypochlorite to remove all organic matter. Cleans once with an acid solution, and then uses hypochlorite once more.
6. The final stage will be thorough drying of the dental canal.
Only after all the points listed above, the dentist starts sealing with hot gutta-percha. These rubber pins are placed in the tooth while they are still cold and are melted with the help of a heated tool. Thus, the dental material will fill all the gaps in the root canal.
To make sure that the actions are correct, the endodontist will conduct an X-ray control. If there is no doubt about the treatment, he puts a temporary filling
Treatment of tooth root canals under a microscope
In our clinic, root canal treatment is performed under a microscope. Treatment with this method makes it possible to prevent and detect cracks in the root canals. Using a microscope, the dentist no longer works blindly, as before, so the treatment result will always be of higher quality.
Also, in practice, there are cases of additional channels. Yes, the top six most often have four channels, but in some cases there is a fifth and even a sixth. Without a microscope, these canals are rarely identified and, accordingly, are ignored during treatment, which can lead to the development of periodontitis and the need for repeated endodontic treatment.
In QRD dentistry, a special endodontic microscope is used, which is best suited for the treatment of root canals.
The use of an endo-microscope is key in the choice of treatment tactics, which saves the patient’s time and money spent on treatment.
A specialist deals with the treatment of root canals under a microscope
a dentist-endodontist, otherwise he is called an endodontist-microscopist.
For such treatment, the doctor must have special skills and abilities.
You can be the best in one area only, so our endodontists treat only dental canals. Which proves our professionalism and narrow specialization
Benefits of root canal treatment under a microscope
- prevention of serious dental diseases;
- minimal injury during the performance of even the most complex procedures;
- the ability to accurately determine all the features of the anatomy of the channels, their direction and shape;
- allows you to avoid accidental removal of healthy tooth tissues together with affected ones;
high accuracy when filling dental canals with filling materials;
- maximum prolongation of the life of the tooth even in a very difficult clinical situation;
- visualization of the process of each stage of treatment on the screen.
Why you should trust the specialists of the QRD Dental clinic with root canal treatment
In order to carry out root canal treatment under a microscope, only modern equipment in the form of a microscope was needed.
For quality treatment, in addition to the microscope, the following are important:
1. Materials used by the doctor when filling canals and sealing.
2. Toolkit. Yes, in our clinic we use tools from the best and proven manufacturers from Japan, Germany and the USA.
All materials and tools are disposable, so we guarantee sterility and safety.
The doctors of the QRD clinic constantly travel to study and develop each in their own direction to introduce new methods and improve the quality of treatment.
Specialists of our clinic also undertake repeated endoscopy, which, by the way, is carried out only with the use of a microscope.
This treatment process is not easy and very responsible, therefore not all doctors undertake to repeat endo and can implement treatment at a high level with a predicted positive result.
Specialists of our clinic have achieved success in the direction of repeated endometrial treatment. We have the necessary skills and successful cases.
We love taking complex cases to work, and we have saved our patients’ teeth more than once, saving them from unnecessary expenses and the need for prosthetics.
You should know that, most often, repeated endo-treatment has to be carried out due to poor-quality primary endo- (the filling was NOT completed, the channel was missed, the technique was not followed during the treatment, cheap materials were used, or the doctor was insufficiently qualified, etc.)
Inadequate treatment of root canals leads to the formation of cysts, inflammation and subsequent loss of a tooth or group of teeth. It is also not uncommon for our specialists to find broken pieces of tools in the canals.
The patient was referred by a doctor from another clinic due to the impossibility of passing one root canal in the 16th tooth, during the diagnosis, a fragment of the instrument was found in the distal buccal root canal, in the apical part.
The patient was warned about possible complications when removing such instruments.
Endodontic access was opened, the root canal was expanded, the instrument was well visualized, and it was located at a depth of 16 mm in the root canal.
With the help of an endodontic probe, ultrasound, we wedged it, and pulled it out with a special endodontic loop.”
Therefore, to prevent such a result, you need to choose a high-quality treatment right away, even if it seems more expensive to you. As for repeated endotreatment, it will usually be more expensive than the primary one.
Treatment of tooth canals price Kyiv
Prices for root canal treatment are presented on the website on the “Prices” page in the “Endodontic treatment” section. There you can study the approximate price. However, the final cost of root canal treatment will depend on the number of canals, the complexity of your case (as previously noted, repeat endo will be more expensive), and the need for additional examinations.
Specialists of the QRD Dental clinic have also developed a package offer for our patients “Endodontic treatment in one session”, you can get acquainted with the prices of the packages in the “Promotions” section of the website.
If you want to keep your teeth healthy, then contact QRD Dental. Root canals are cleaned and sealed using proven European technologies that guarantee reliability and quality!