Types of veneers
Veneers are onlays that are most often used in dentistry to give an aesthetic appearance to a smile. They are placed on the front surface of the teeth. The veneer reproduces the structure and appearance of a natural tooth and, due to its tightness, serves as protection for many years from the effects of harmful factors that destroy the enamel.
The installation of veneers as a form of aesthetic restoration has surpassed procedures such as bleaching and cleaning. The service life of veneers is quite long. So, composite veneers retain their appearance for up to 5 years, while ceramic veneers can last up to 20 years.
Composite veneers are thin plates made from a light-polymer composite, which is also used to make fillings. These veneers are quite strong and durable. Their installation does not require additional preparation and all the necessary manipulations can be carried out in one visit to the dentist.
There are two ways to install composite veneers – direct and indirect.
The direct method of installing veneers is not much different from installing a filling. The composite composition is applied directly to the surface of the tooth and the doctor can correct the shape before using a photo lamp, under the influence of which the composition hardens. After applying the photo lamp, the resulting shape is turned to make the surface perfect and remove irregularities if they occur.
The indirect method of installing composite veneers takes more time. At the first visit to the dentist, preparations are made for the subsequent installation of veneers, the teeth are ground and an impression is made. According to the impression in the laboratory, veneers are made from the same composite. At the next visit, these veneers are installed to the patient.
Many patients prefer ceramic veneers despite their higher cost. With proper installation and following the recommendations of the dentist, such veneers can last a lifetime. Porcelain veneers are made from ceramic or porcelain. They are very resistant to mechanical stress and reliably protect teeth from harmful microorganisms.
Indications for the installation of veneers can be divided into medical and aesthetic. If, for aesthetic indications, the task that the installation of veneers solves will be the beauty of a smile, then for medical indications, the installation of veneers will be a stage in the treatment plan to restore the healthy functioning of the dentoalveolar system.
Aesthetic indications include:
- Chips and cracks in front teeth
- Disproportionate teeth
- Darkening, spots and yellowness on the teeth when there are no alternative ways to solve the problem
- Old fillings that spoil the aesthetics of a smile
Veneers are also used to restore teeth as an alternative to photopolymer fillings.
The medical indications are as follows:
- Increased abrasion of enamel or violations of its development
- Previous multiple dental restorations
- Bite anomalies
- Crooked dentition
It is worth noting that veneers themselves do not align teeth, veneers are already improving orthodontic treatment.
There are also a number of contraindications, when the installation of veneers is undesirable, or even impossible.
Contraindications for veneers
Temporary contraindications include the need for therapeutic treatment in the presence of caries, gingivitis or periodontitis. In this case, the installation of veneers should be postponed until the problem is resolved.
Contraindications also include the following problems:
- Problems with the temporomandibular joint
- Heavily damaged teeth – in this case, it is necessary to carry out prosthetics or use crowns
- Absence of lateral teeth
Advantages of installing veneers in the QRD Dental clinic
Turning to the QRD Dental clinic for the installation of veneers, you will definitely appreciate the high qualification and sympathetic attitude of our specialists. We value every patient, so in our clinic, when installing veneers, you can count on:
1. Integrated approach. Before proceeding directly to the installation of veneers, you will receive a consultation from specialized dentists and a plan for therapeutic or orthodontic treatment that may be needed before installing veneers.
2. The experience and practical skills of our doctors allow us to take on even the most difficult cases and at the same time show excellent results, as evidenced by our portfolio of work performed.
3. We comply with all treatment protocols and cooperate with the best laboratories in Ukraine and abroad, which allows us to perform the installation of veneers at a high professional level and provide our patients with a guarantee for the treatment.
The installation of veneers in the QRD Dental clinic goes through several stages.
1. Full diagnostics. As mentioned above, there are both indications and contraindications for the installation of veneers. This means that the decision on expediency should be made by the doctor.
2. Drawing up a treatment plan. In order to install veneers, a preliminary therapeutic treatment may be necessary, since the teeth under the veneers must be healthy. There should also be no periodontal disease. If the dentition is uneven, pre-orthodontic treatment may be necessary.
3. After completing all the previous stages, we proceed directly to the reincarnation of a smile. To do this, photographic fixation of a smile is carried out and an impression is made using a special material. On the basis of this control and diagnostic model, the doctor studies the height of the bite, certain defects in the teeth, and then transfers the model to the laboratory to make a wax example of a future smile.
Modern technologies allow not only to hold the wax model in your hands, but also to try it on. As a result of the above manipulations, you will receive your digital smile, and we will be able to adjust it, taking into account all your wishes.
4. The stage of preparing the teeth for the installation of veneers. Before installing veneers, teeth are prepared up to 0.2-0.3 mm. When preparing, it is very important to stay within the range of the enamel. Only in this case it is possible to guarantee the long-term wearing of veneers, which will act as a kind of protective shield for the teeth.
5. Removal of prints, scanning of already prepared teeth for the manufacture of ceramic onlays. The prints are sent to a laboratory where veneers are made from them.
6. Installation of veneers. Fixation of ceramic onlays is carried out using adhesive systems. With the correct setting of veneers, they can last a very long time.
7. Orthopedist’s recommendations for oral cavity care after veneers installation. After installing ceramic veneers, it is important to follow all the recommendations of the orthopedist so that the veneers retain their appearance for as long as possible. If you have already installed the plates, then you must take into account that they must be changed if they are deformed. You should also contact your dentist 1-2 times a year for a follow-up check.
Prices for installing veneers
Prices for the installation of veneers depend on the chosen type – composite or ceramic, as well as the characteristics of each dentition. In order to find out how much it will cost to install veneers on a turnkey basis, you need to come for a consultation with a dentist.
The specialist will determine the most suitable method for installing veneers, the number of necessary overlays and indicate the price for the installation of turnkey veneers, taking into account the necessary medical procedures that must be carried out before installation.
In order to guide you on the cost of installing veneers, here are the prices for veneers for one tooth.
The cost of turnkey ceramic veneers is 13,000 – 16,000 UAH (depending on the characteristics of the body, the complexity of the situation and your wishes)
The cost of installing composite veneers on a turnkey basis – 6000 – 8000 UAH
If complex work is carried out and the total installation of veneers, then the cost of one tooth will be less than indicated. However, you can find out the final price only after examining the dentist and drawing up a treatment plan.
Reviews about veneers
You can read reviews about the installation of veneers in our clinic on our website, as well as in the Google My Business service. After reviewing the reviews, you can make sure that in our clinic all medical procedures are carried out at a high professional level, and the results speak for themselves, which can be seen in our portfolio. If you have already visited our clinic and had time to evaluate the work of our dentists, be sure to leave a review. Help us become better for you!